Thanks for the thoughtful gift @elizabethmarie326 & @pierrenapier! 🎀 #favoritethings #Napier #jewelry #pearls
Every now and then, the Jam will communicate her thoughts through pretty cards. It really hit me today how blessed I am to have a friend who gives me lovely “just because” cards, so I’m attempting to return the favor. I don’t keep many collections, but this is one I hold dear. It’s a little piece of a family-like friendship and a reminder to me that it’s often the little things you do that mean the most to a person. Perhaps they’ll never share the depths of its meaning with you, in fact they may not even say ‘thank you’ out loud, but the impression has the potential to remain with them forever. It’s tokens like these from my thoughtful friends that remind me to seek opportunities to be an everyday blessing to the people I get to share life with 💕 #favoritethings #friends #love #blessing #thoughtful
Pressing flowers always reminds me of my grandmother. The memories of her are few, but I recall that she loved to press flowers and turn them into something joyful she could look forward to. As I’ve been thinking about the beauty and hope of restoration, I can’t think of a nicer illustration. They remind me of how to take pressure and use it (even what may have been meant for harm) to bring new life, purpose and beauty to a life many would toss away or allow to die… So darling, as I channel my inner grandma, I say when life gets pressed, use it as an excuse to throw some flowers in there and look forward to a lovelier tomorrow 💐 #favoritethings #flowers #hope #peace #beauty
If @rebeccasuemartinez were any sweeter, we’d all have diabetes. While we were shopping for her wedding supplies several months back, I was admiring these pretty notebooks. I completely forgot about them but she remembered. Thank you for this incredibly thoughtful gift! 😊💕🎀📕 #favoritethings #notebooks #journal #blessing
This has been an intensely nostalgic week.
Today I realized I hadn’t tended to my personal blog much lately so I decided to straighten out some things when I got distracted by an interesting list of goals I wanted to accomplish before 25.
At times it’s hard for me to believe I am 25 but it’s interesting to see how the chips fell on all of these and what has been learned in the process.
- Write creatively for at least half an hour each week day || For the most part, this is something I find myself doing. It is at least five days a week, though I can honestly say it’s not always a weekday.
- Read the bible and really meditate on what is being said every day || I find myself committing more routinely to this than perhaps ever before.
- Devote more time to focused prayer || I’m not sure that I have longer prayers now, but I feel my heart is closer to where it was when I first fell in love with prayer, but the value of it seems that much sweeter.
- Get a full night of sleep || I did this nearly every night of the month of June this year… I’m still working on it. Insomnia is nothing I’d wish on anyone.
- Stop caring so much about what others think about you || Lol! nearly-24-year-old Sara was such a darling. Most (if not all) of my 24th year was spent caring FAR too much about what others think of me. It mostly resulted in the dumbest moments of my life and nastiest words from my lips. I’d say I’m getting there and this afternoon, I actually had incredible revelation and peace about this very aspect of my life.
- Work out first thing in the morning || I’ve learned exercise is best for me in the morning. I’m getting back into this flow after experimenting with different routines.
- Be more direct with clients || I’ve enjoyed some lovely clients this year as a result of this. It’s been a lovely ride and I feel it’s helped my employers take me more seriously.
- Drink more water || I know… I know…
- Practice more bass || I’m actually working on this. It’s been fun and very revealing.
- Learn more about music || I’m attempting to. Slow and steady wins the race, right?
- Shut up and listen more || I honestly feel like I NEVER stop talking. It’s annoying.
Stop eating so much Taco Bell
- Eat Taco Bell if you feel like it, dang it. || I suppose I didn’t do this. I’m kind surprised.
- Keep going places you’ve never been before || In the last year, I have been to 17 places I had absolutely never been before, both incredibly far and surprisingly near. Six of them, I never could have predicted I would see if you had asked me just one year ago… wow. That’s humbling.
- Keep doing things you’ve never done before || It is safe to say that in the last year, I have pushed limits, seen things, done things, said things, felt things, thought things I NEVER expected to and certainly had never done before. All the while, I’ve dimly started to remember how to dream like I did when I was child. The more you do and see, the more you realize how little you are and how much is absolutely, without a doubt, possible.
- Accept more invitations you feel like declining… within reason. || Check! And it’s been lovely. I’ve no idea what I’m doing and I feel like a fool much of the time, but it’s been beautiful.
- Don’t try to fall in Love. Thank you. || I didn’t try. In fact, I tried hard NOT to. In fact, I tried to run from it for months, but the man won me over.
- In fact, learn how to ignore the rude people that say horrible things like “Looks like another one beat you to the alter” or “So, why aren’t you trying to get married like all of your friends?” or “Doesn’t it bother you that your friends are starting their families and you’re the single friend?” and maybe come up with a good comeback. Maybe something like “because if my biggest aspiration in life were to change my last name, I would have taken the legal steps to do so already” but you should probably reel it in with something like “Well, it just hasn’t happened for me. Thanks for your concern but can we make this about my friend now? Thank you” || This was like the year of friends getting married. It became so common place, people ran out of zingers. All well!
- In fact, start celebrating your singleness. You should probably do that by eating Taco Bell. || I like this one.
- Try something different with your hair || I did! I got a weave! It was fun. I’m trying to figure out what to do next while I’m waiting for my pixie cut to grow out this time.
- Kiss more puppies || I didn’t get to kiss even one puppy during that time :(
- Buy some more dresses || Was this really on a list like I wasn’t already planning to do so?
- Do all of the other things on your list that are too personal or you are just too lazy to list here. || Done, eh and whatever.
All in all, it’s been a nice year. I guess my next post will focus on what to do next…
I wonder what 26-year-old me will be up to when she revisits this list.
@u2’s new album is glorious and right now it’s on iTunes for free! 🎉🙌 #u2 #music
Remembering all the celebrations, laughs and summer nights spent facing this skyline. Goodbyes aren’t easy, but I’ll forever be grateful for someone who took it upon himself to be a lifelong friend to my family and offer a laugh to anybody who needed one. As I look around this town, it’ll forever be painted by your kindness, dear uncle. In the same way the sky is missing it’s usual flair tonight, so many lives are missing the flair from yours. #inmemory #restinpeace
This has been my song lately.
Of course, I’ll never sing it as well as the Finochio brothers do, but my heart has been singing these beautiful lyrics and I hope they make me better.
"I find hope in You/ I find life renewed / I find peace in You / When my heart breaks down / In the battle I found You are always there You never leave
You give me peace, You give me joy / You give me love to live for / You give me faith so I can move the mountains You are the Way, You are the Truth / You are the Life inside me / You are the reason that my heart will worship.
There is righteousness There is holiness / There is strength in You / I trust in Your Word / I give all I am / Oh Lord, I surrender to You
My hope is in You My hope is in You My hope is in You”
-My Hope by The Royal Royal
#tbt to that day we were drinking juice, making elderly ladies laugh & watching SNL skits in the sky! Can’t wait for our next adventures together! #brothers #airport #adventuretime #Dallas
Photo Five | Helsinki has this unique seat for two in front of the cathedral where you could sit for hours to watch the people walk by and be the first to see their faces as they got a full glimpse of the beautiful architecture for the first time (photo credit: @thephotoscientist) #Helsinki #Finland #funland #24hours